Thursday 15 June 2017

Nightly Skincare Routine

una brennan rose mask, nip + fab bee sting venom mask, origins ginzing, eyecream, night-a-mins, nivea malkeup remover, truth serum ole henriksen, nude rescue oil

I have to admit I'm not always great at properly cleansing my face at the end of the day. I am sometimes so lazy or tired, especially on late shift days, and I will just remove my eye makeup and maybe run over my face with a micellar water and call it a night. This doesnt do anything great for my skin and over time I will develop little under the skin spots on my forehead. Not to mention my skin just looks overall dull and a bit dry.

I do enjoy spending time with masks and serums, and notice a massive difference in the morning to the way my skin looks and feels. I have been trying lately to spend just a few minutes cleansing and moisturising every night. I like to try different skincare products, so I do have a cabinet full of samples and mini sizes of all sorts of things, which gives me an idea whether things work for me or not before spending the money. There are a few that I have been using lately, partly to use them up and also because I do really like them and plan on purchasing. So all that aside, here's what Ive been using.

Of course to remove my makeup, Im still using the Nivea Express Eye Makeup Remover. I have gone through many of these and always have two (one in my skincare cabinet, and one in my room for lazy nights). To cleanse my face, currently Im trying out the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, now called The Clean Truth Foaming Cleanser . I was a little afraid of this one because I usually go for more creamy cleansers and thought this would be too drying, but actually its quite gentle. I wouldnt say this was a favourite though. At this point if I wanted to use a mask, which is maybe once a week, I would go in with something like the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask. Again, this is a mini size but Ive gotten quite a few uses out of this so far as I tend to only use it in troublesome areas such as my forehead, nose and cheeks. Basically where I want to clear out my pores and where I may have a breakout. For moisture, I like the Una Brennen Rose Hydrate or Nip + Fab Bee Sting Fix Lifting Mask, which plumps and firms aswell as smooths the skin.

I have been trying to make my way through my many serum samples and there are a few I really like.  The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is full of vitamin c and brightens and smooths my skin. Its not really an oily consistency, so it sinks into the skin quite quickly and doesnt leave a residue on the skin like the Nude Progenius Rescue Oil. This one makes my skin feel amzingly soft and hydrated in the morning, but its kind of messy and doesnt smell very nice. I cant decide my full opinion on this one.

Eyecream is still the Origins Ginzing, which I have been loving for a few years. I find this really work for me and helps with my dark circles. And lastly, to moisturise I use Origins Night-a-mins. I really like this because it hydrates my skin, but it sinks in and doesnt feel heavy on the skin.

Im always interested in new skincare products, so if there's anything you love or recommend, I'd love for you to share them below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

romantica theme by Pink + Lola